HomeHome  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

[GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up

View previous topicView next topicGo down
cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 6:38 am

Okay, these are some of my requests about a lotta different things and I just wanted to put them in one place........

REQUEST 1: Check this screenie -
http://jordanfc.deviantart.com/art/About-disappearing-91740638
Any ideas as to how Jordan has got that "edged in" look for the sidebar thingy? And what exactly is he using for the sidebar? - I mean you can even see minimized IE window thumbnails in it...

REQUEST 2: Check this screenie -
http://agarwal1.deviantart.com/art/The-Beginning-111448947
Now this one is a Mac Screenie, I would be glad if someone could make a WB port and a Styler TB for it, i tried it myself but wasn't really successful. If there's one already released, please provide a link...

REQUEST 3: Check this screenie -
http://jordanfc.deviantart.com/art/StefanKa-style-89151376
What is that CAD Skin Jordan is using? Any download links for it?

REQUEST 4: Check this screenie -
http://delta909.deviantart.com/art/GAWD-110184386
Its a Mac Screenie... I was searching for the folder icons in it for Windows. Maybe an IconPackager Package or IconTweaker Theme or a Shell32

REQUEST 5: Check this UGUI link -
http://undergroundgui.forumotion.com/releases-f5/label-and-stacks-t611.htm
Any idea on how to get AVE to do that?

If you got the answers to any of these requests, type away.... Just try and put the Request No. your reply refers to....

@ Admins: I really didn't know where to put this or what to use for the thread title, so please change if you have any better ideas....
Also, feel free to move this thread....
View user profile
randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 7:25 am

1: I'm guessing it's just a wallpaper mod in photoshop as he mention in the shot in request 3 that it is not real. As for the minimised windows, it may be a dock, it may be an extra program, I'm not so sure.

2: I highly doubt anyone's going to make a WB port just because you requested it. Very few artists do requests. Also, had you bothered to read the comments you'd have known it's his own personal theme and hasn't been released yet.

3: Probably his own, judging by the whole look of the shot and I've never seen it about anywhere else.

4: It's PRY by Jonas Rask. You can find it on his site here

You seem to be requesting a lot, are you even searching for these things before hand, or asking the original authors?
View user profile
alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 7:27 am

firstly, i think he may be using a skinned version of this MAYBE... im not sure tho. i would like to know exactly what it is as well

http://crowdfavorite.com/tasks/documentation/sidebar.html

also here is a PSD of that edged in effect for your personal enjoyment xD

right click the image and hit view image to see if you like it wink
View user profile
cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 11:11 am

@ alx, thanks a lot for the PSD buddy... you rock.... that was really nice of ya...

@ randomus... I'm a rookie, I know that... you guys are experts, you know that; so what's the big deal about requesting, what's wrong with requesting.... it ain't a crime.... I didn't ask to be spoonfed, just anything you might have to add about those particular screenshots in question and I really appreciate YOUR prompt replies wherever I have requested anything. About asking the original authors, I somehow like jordan's ports the best and he seldom replies.... I didn't expect somebody to make a port just for me, it was just an idea, food for thought; if you check again, I did try to make the port myself though not so successfully, that is why I asked you guys... Anyways I appreciate your help....
View user profile
randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 12:09 pm

cyberpaxy wrote:
@ randomus... I'm a rookie, I know that... you guys are experts, you know that; so what's the big deal about requesting, what's wrong with requesting.... it ain't a crime.... I didn't ask to be spoonfed, just anything you might have to add about those particular screenshots in question and I really appreciate YOUR prompt replies wherever I have requested anything. About asking the original authors, I somehow like jordan's ports the best and he seldom replies.... I didn't expect somebody to make a port just for me, it was just an idea, food for thought; if you check again, I did try to make the port myself though not so successfully, that is why I asked you guys... Anyways I appreciate your help....

I understand that you are new, and I don't have a problem with you requesting. It just seems to me that you request a lot, and it also appears you don't look very much before requesting here. I found at least two of the answers to your question in the comments on dA, which immediately proves you aren't looking hard enough. I'm just saying politely that I think you need to look a little more before coming on here and making everyone else do all the hard work for you smile

Also, sorry if my previous post sounded so rude. It wasn't meant to be worried
View user profile
cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 1:51 pm

point noted... not a prob smile and thanks again
View user profile
alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up February 11th 2009, 5:14 pm

yes yes. always do a ctrl+f on the comments. although its harder when you only have 10 comments to switch it to 120 to each page wink
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up

[GUI ELEMENTS REQUEST] GUI Requests - Various, Mized-Up

View previous topicView next topicBack to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Requests and Discussions -
RSS Feed

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | Computers and Internet | Graphics, Design | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum