Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Icon Request Thread

View previous topicView next topicGo down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 11:07 am

ay... that would be a little hard to do. My icons are categorized under forums/styles/suits/colors... and comic is not one of them :undecided:
There is however a thread here that is entitled "Favorite Icon Sites" with many interesting links.
You might want to take a look. If you have a more specific request, then you can post it here.
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 11:43 am

Hey jaz,

I already had a look at a lot of these pages, unluckily I am very picky and am only satisfied with very few icons.

What I am looking for at the moment are icons like the Adium duck, the mac ftp app alligator/crocodile or the brown monster thing, small cartoon figures, 3D style, bright colors, I am espacially interested in this kind of icon for Firefox and GIMP, but also am looking for funny, but still topic related icons for tools like Truecrypt, EAC, Zattoo, Aequitas (Anticheattool), Steam etc.

So some icons I wasn't able to find but I am dreaming of would be a a nicely designed key for Truecrypt, some nice notes/radios/CDs for EAC, some other TVs besides those of Jonas Rack for Zattoo, a scale or Justicia figure for Aequitas and a steamengin or some cool player/Bender model for Steam smile
View user profile
jordanfc

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 11:51 am

only few i dont have, and some of them is mod by me, but i have 3 gb icon collection, it's hard to find all of them :undecided:
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 11:54 am

Hi jordanfc,

I'd love to have all these icons in highest possible resolutions, of course it's your choice wheter you'd like to search and upload them for me, only I want to tell you, you don't have to hurry, if you need some time to do so I'll be patiente enough to wait for them, this is the only thing I can do, right smile

EDIT:
I forgot about an icon for Ventrilo(mix), I am looking for a nice headset WITH microphone or maybe a group of players gathered together, something like that smile
View user profile
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 12:15 pm

I'm surprised you couldn't find anything.
Some of these links lead to best iconists around and others are archives of years of icons.
For Adium Ducks look here...
http://adiumxtras.com/
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 12:29 pm

Some links don't work at all, others lead to mac-only download pages, or do provide me with .ico files I don't know how to handle with, but you're right, I should have a second look at them smile

For example I'd love to use the Candybar and Coda Icons of this page:
http://louiemantia.com/icons.htm

but unluckily the Windows Downloads only offer .ico files...
View user profile
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 2:58 pm

I think you should start using google a little more.
Finding icons is not hard, especially when you have a list of links.
Browsethrough different forums, check the new releases, read comments & posts in screenshots to get information... That's what we all do. Converting icons is fairly simple once you have the right tools. There are a few threads here that might inform you or you can use Google to find the answers you seek. The icons you're looking for are all Mac icons that were converted to Windows format. Quite frankly, it's impossible that you did not find anything because the artists that created these icons are listed in those links.
I doubt you have downloaded every single pack and gone through all the icons but yet you ask that in return.
Most communities would have brushed you off, called you lazy and would have given you a very hard time. Understand that this is somewhat frowned upon. May I suggest you take the time to look around and search for answers before you ask questions.
I hope you find what you're looking for...
View user profile
jordanfc

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 3:43 pm

i dont think you can get anything when you want to get so many in one time, try to ask for the one by one, because no one has such huge time to help you to find them, so give up for several times for this, toooo much one time
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 6:02 pm

Hey jaz,

you accusing me of laziness really hurts, especially after spending two days on the search for icons, still I want to show you my will to do something to get some nice icons, so now I need some picture editing help.

I took a 512x512 PNG file and rescaled it to 400x400, then I copied this 400x400 icon into a new 512x512 file, background set on transparency, then I reflected the 400x400 icon and moved it into the 512x512 file with 60% covering power the way I liked it, afterwards I connected the different layers and saved all of it as a PNG File, unluckily it doesnt seem to work the way I imagined as you can see down in my dock sad
http://home.arcor.de/erdilein2105/Screenie10.jpg
View user profile
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 7:05 pm

Quote :
Most communities would have brushed you off, called you lazy and would have given you a very hard time.
If you read properly, you wouldn't have dared to say that I was accusing you.
I was after all trying to help you, was I not ???
I take in requests all the time. I take the time to search through archives to fulfill people's demands. I have patience but you need to meet me halfway. If you cannot achieve something, and itseems to be taking you double the time than it should, I am certainly not to blame for your lack of knowledge. Address yourself to the help thread.
Information is available everywhere. Search for it as we all did. And then, if you can't find what you're looking for, fortunately, there are generous and kind people that will help you. The reason why there are not more 256x icons is because not many apps I know of will convert to that resolution. Usually, we use smaller resolutions for dock icons.
What exactly are you trying to do and why do you need such a high resolution ?
Lastly, when you join a community, it is because you have something to offer and would like to share and participate but you are giving the wrong impression...

Last edited by jaz on May 17th 2008, 7:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user profile
Xiloa

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 7:21 pm

Plus why are you taking a 512, making it 400 and copying it back to a 512? If you're doing all that to reflect an icon there's easier ways.
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 8:01 pm

@jaz, I am sorry, maybe it's because of me being a non native speaker of the English language, maybe it's because I am impatient, anyway I missed what you wanted to tell me, so I feel as of I have to excuse myself for my previous post.

I agree with you, everyone in a community should at least share as much information as he asks for, so far you have only met me requesting your help, this is neither fair nor right, I'll try to fix this.

To answer some of yours as well as Xiloas' questions, I am looking for 512x files because I am always interested in getting my stuff of the highest available quality, not only iconwise, but also FLAC music for example. So when there are icons available both in 256x as well as in 512x resolution, why not getting the higher quality one? I am sure get what I mean smile

The answer to why I am scaling down 512x files to 400x is quite simple, I am trying to imitate the Mac reflection effect in XPs Objectdock, if there's an easier way to get reflections, please just tell me, I'd be more than happy, not being forced to mod every single icon.
The same goes for .ico files as well as mac ones, if their small simple tools to convert them into PNG just tell me and I won't dare to bother you ever again with a request like the first one.
View user profile
Xiloa

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 8:33 pm

Well, to reflect icons, use this simple tutorial that takes about 30 seconds to reflect an icon when you master it Link and to convert png to ico and vise versa, use Link
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 17th 2008, 8:39 pm

Thanks for the link mate, thats more or less the same I did to my icons only I use GIMP in which I am not yet able to make reflections turn into absolut transperancy the further they are away from the original icon
View user profile
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 2:38 am

If you're ever trying to reflect smaller resolutions,
there's a nifty little tool called iReflector. It's quick and easy.
http://sirsmiley.deviantart.com/art/iReflector-61284589

The best Conversion Tool out there is Axialis IconWorkshop.
http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop/
It's compatible with the latest Mac formats, it opens icontainers,
you can use it to recolor or create icons and it converts in batches,
which saves me a lot of time and trouble.

Another application would be MicroAngelo.
http://www.microangelo.us/
Although I suggest the first.

Both are not free to use but offer lifetime updates
and are well worth every penny wink

Here are the CodaLeaves but in 256x
http://www.mediafire.com/?otd3tvt9t9x

View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 6:22 am

Thanks for the links and hinds mate, still another question, you made me think about the hole resolution thing, when using 512x icons, does my Dock need to load all of them in full 512x size into the RAM? This might cause some performance losses if I am not mistaken, might this be one of the reasons for using 128x icons?
View user profile
SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 6:26 am

ERDi wrote:
Thanks for the links and hinds mate, still another question, you made me think about the hole resolution thing, when using 512x icons, does my Dock need to load all of them in full 512x size into the RAM? This might cause some performance losses if I am not mistaken, might this be one of the reasons for using 128x icons?

You absolutely do not need 512px icon unless you are going to be viewing them at that size tongue. For a normal dock 128px should be good, and if you have very large magnification, then 256 px smile.

and a very funny little pointer: jaz is a girl happy

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 10:58 am

Quote :
and a very funny little pointer: jaz is a girl happy
Thank you my sweet Alex smile I was getting so use to being a guy LOL ! happy

Quote :
I think it might be so... 512x is just too big of a resolution for a dock.
Quite frankly, I even see many 64x. Perfectly suitable for docks. wink
View user profile
ERDi

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 11:42 am

I am sorry miss jaz wink

So this avatar is a picture of yours? surprised

Right now I am looking for some nice bright colored and 3D-comic style steam engine icons, as well as a headset WITH mirophone, a Firefox and GIMP comic figure like Adium, Tux or Alligator Upload, maybe you've got something for me?
View user profile
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 12:32 pm

No, this avatar is not a picture of me.

Tux... http://tux.crystalxp.net/
The rest you can find on DA.
View user profile
SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 12:36 pm

@jaz, everyone here also thought it was you in the avatar at first lol tongue

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 1:03 pm

It's not you? Sad face wink

You got me wrong jazi, I wanted a Firefox and GIMP figure looking the way the alligator, tux and adium do, not the alligator, tux and adium themselves wink
View user profile
jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 1:17 pm

Quote :
They did ? happy That's pretty funny ! So you guys thought I had green hair ? tongue
View user profile
SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 18th 2008, 1:27 pm

jaz wrote:
Quote :
They did ? happy That's pretty funny ! So you guys thought I had green hair ? tongue

I don't know about the hair, but some of us seriously did think it might be you happy

Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread May 20th 2008, 6:28 am

doas anyone have that pink folder icon with the bunny ears standing out a bit.. dont know how to describe ._.*

e: .ico would be perfekt

Last edited by monstr on May 20th 2008, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icon Request Thread

Icon Request Thread

View previous topicView next topicBack to top
Page 5 of 40 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Requests and Discussions -
RSS Feed

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | Computers and Internet | Graphics, Design | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum